If you consider yourself a gourmand, crafts lover and nature admirer - then this is a perfect trip for you! Not only this town will charm you with its baroque architecture and views of intact nature, plenty of local specialities and handcraft shops are waiting for you to explore them! Moreover, you will see presentation of handmade crystal shaping, wine cellar with Bermet - typical drink from this area and afterwards we will take you deeper in hills to the mines of St. Barbara. This adventure of exploring medieval mines will be rewarded with traditional food at one of the local household..
City of Samobor is an ancient town located only half an hour drive from Zagreb. Medieval to the core, surrounded by astounding nature and historic sites, it is among the most popular places to visit in inland Croatia.
Those wanting to try the local cuisine or taste local wines are in luck: Samobor is an ideal spot for gourmands! Some of the recipes for local drinks and sausages are still kept as a secret and every family has its own secret ingredient. And, if you miss famous vanilla cream cake called “kremšnita”, you can not consider you were in Samobor! Apart from delicious cuisine, people of Samobor are famous for their traditional crafts. If you like memorable and unique souvenirs, you'll enjoy presentation of crystal shaping and afterwards could buy some of those unique designs to decorate your home. (not avaiable for weekends)
Zagreb to medieval city of Samobor private tour
Type of tour: Private tour
Season: all year
Duration: 9 hours
- 09:00 Start from Zagreb
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee and “kremsnita” at Samobor main square
- 10:20 - 11:00 Presentation of crystal shaping (except for weekends)
- 11:15 - 11:45 Degustation of traditional drink “bermet” and grape mustard sauce “muštarda” (* if available)
- 12:10 - 12:40 Free time
- 13:00 - 14:10 Visit to mines St. Barbara in Rude village with guidance
- 14:30 - 16:00 lunch time
- 16.30 - 18:00 Free time in Samobor
- 18:00 Return to Zagreb
- 1 pax: 241 € / 1815,81 HRK
2 pax : 263 € / 1981,57 HRK
3 pax: 284 € / 2139,80 HRK
4 pax: 305 € / 2298,02 HRK
*** Samobor short visit tour (4hours) 160 Eur for 1-4pax
bookable by e mail email@example.com or phone +385912222299
- 5 - 8 pax: on request
Included in the price:
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver/assistant.
- Kremsnite (cream cake) and coffee in the Livadić caffee on the Main Square, entrance fee and guide in St. Barbara mines, presentation of crystal shaping,
- degustation of bermet and muštarda
- personal expences
- Zagreb to castles of northern Croatia private tour - all inclusive
- Sljeme mountain - a perfect getaway from urban chaos
For cancellation up to 24 hours before departure, the organizer will charge 100% of the price.
For cancellation up to 48 hours before departure, the organizer will charge 50% of the price.
For cancellations over this period, the organizer will not charge the cancellation costs.
The organizer reserves the right to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund in case of bad weather.